Pick and choose the ones that work for you and your goals:
- Encourage philanthropy during the season. Many nonprofits have been adversely affected by the outpouring of donations to victims of natural disasters. Do what you can to support your local charities and encourage those on your list to do the same. Hold a holiday sale and donate a portion of proceeds to the Salvation Army.
- Set up a light display.
- Send cards to your favorite patrons. If you want to be different, send Thanksgiving cards or Happy New Year’s cards.
- Display a symbol of the season. A wreath on the door, a snowman windsock from an eave, or a menorah in the window will all tell people your gallery or studio is an upbeat place to be.
- Burn scented candles and heat up cider at your open studio.
- Give out candy canes with your business card.
- Send a holiday newsletter with a favorite family recipe and photo of your art.
Don’t be a scrooge!
Send to Kindle