As many of you know, I am in the process of writing a book proposal. My idea is that my book will be a comprehensive guide (if not a system) for self-promotions for artists. It includes stuff from my Shameless Self-Promotion class as well as from my Cultivating Collectors book and more.
In a nutshell, here is how it’s breaking down:
- PREPARING: Organizing systems, mailing lists.
- WRITING/SPEAKING:Everything from practicing to your 10-second introduction to your statement to public speaking.
- PACKAGING: "Branding" your image, printed materials, electronic (e.g. Web sites), advertising, media relations, following up.
- MEETING/KNOWING/NETWORKING: Why? Who you need to know, etiquette, networking online, community alliances.
Here’s where you come in . . . I’d love your help!
- What are your favorite self-promotions books and why?
- What format would be most useful for you? I was thinking it would be presented more in bullet points than long passages of text and might have a workbook feel.
- What would you like to know–in general–about these topics?
- What would you like to know–specifically–about anything pertaining to self-promotions that isn’t on this list?
Your feedback will be tremendously helpful.