To make sure you’re as productive as possible, plan your day. As I say in today’s Art Marketing Action newsletter, it works best for me to do this the night before. Here’s what I do:
- Write down three things I MUST accomplish. These are things that absolutely have to be done on that day and I’ll be in trouble if they don’t get done.
- Go over my task list and see what I might be able to add to my schedule if I get the first three things done.
- Decide how to best use that time. In other words, I come up with an hour-by-hour schedule.
Coach Philip Humbert, suggests:
- Use a 3×5 index card.
- Write the full date on the front at top. This helps you remember that it is a full 24 hours out of your life. Make the most of it.
- On the back, write your vision or mission and current BHAGs. (You do this every day to remind yourself.)
- Then, turn it back over to the front and write the three things you must do at the top and your other tasks (if you get to them) at the bottom.
Personally, I have an aversion to the index cards. I think that’s a “guy thing”–something that can be put in a pocket. I don’t usually have shirt pockets for such things, so I prefer my notebook.