1. The book club will be reading the same book and "meeting" through an online discussion group and phone discussion. One call? Two calls? I think it will depend on the title.
2. It will all be art-related: biographies, creativity, art biz, art history.
3. It will have a small fee attached to it. The fee is based "per book." My goal is one book per month, so it’s a swift-moving book club. Readers only need apply.
4. I will try to set it up with someone to get book discounts.
5. I will have to limit it to a certain number–especially if we do phone calls.
6. How to ensure participation? Particularly since I need to limit the number. People will join to have interaction with others. Everyone must pull his or her weight.
7. I’ll never please everyone, so I’ve got to please myself. Seriously,
I realize when I ask for comments that I’m just asking for IT. I opened
the floodgates. Got lots of good responses and I’ll put together what I
think will work best for most.