I’ve been fumbling around with social media updates lately.
What can I share with followers to keep it fresh?
What can I share that will be interesting?
What can I share that will be re-posted by others?
What can I share besides another blog post?
I created my list, and then I decided to create one for you. I had Facebook in mind, but you can use it with your favorite social media site.
28 Status Updates For Facebook
Images of your art
1. Entire image when complete
4. In progress
5. Crating and shipping
Always add a complete credit line in the description.
Photos of your studio
8. Wide view (indoors or out)
9. Close-ups of specific areas
12. Nearby artist studios
13. Openings, gallery talks, and workshops on your schedule
14. Openings, gallery talks, and workshops you attend
Add photos from events whenever possible.
Your inspiration or things you think are really cool
15. Other living artists
16. Figures in art history
17. Photos from your travels
19. Books you are reading
20. Photos of nature, people, buildings, color, things
Don’t forget to add the Why. Tell us why you are inspired by this or that so we can see what you see.
21. Photos of your collectors with their art
22. Photos of you with your students
23. Most valuable thing you learned at the last workshop you attended
24. Breakthrough AHA moment
25. From you
26. From artists
27. From anyone else who inspires your art
Quotes that are created as images – perhaps on top of a lovely image – seem to be shared more than words on their own.
28. There’s no end to the ideas for video. I’ll let you be inspired by the program R. Daniel Foster did with me, Promote Your Art Through Video.
Let’s continue expanding this list! Share your ideas for #29 in a comment.