In a rut? Visiting the same restaurants, art shows, and galleries?
My husband and I are staying home this Christmas for the first time in our brief four years together. So, I decided to make a game of it. We’re doing our own “12 Days of Christmas.” Each day we will do one thing neither of us has ever done before. That’s the only criteria. Monday night it was to watch a Green Bay Packers game at the Rocky Flats Lounge down the road. The RFL is a local haunt for displaced Packers fans, of which my husband is one. Sadly, the Packers lost BIG TIME, but we have one day of Christmas down.
Try it! All kinds of inspiration comes from new experiences.
- Visit an art gallery you’ve never been to.
- Take a child to the art museum.
- Watch an art-related film you’ve been intending to see. Read a book. (See my list of art books I’ve read this year. Movies tomorrow.)
- Write a Happy New Year newsletter for your mailing list.
- Make an end-of-the-year, tax-deductible donation to the local art museum, art agency, or other art-related non-profit.
What’s the worst that can happen when you try something new?