Some of my favorite moments of the past 5 days.
- Listening to This American Life podcasts in the car. (If you love this show, consider a donation. They need it to keep podcasting!)
- Seeing "Get Smart" at the Majestic Theater in Crested Butte. I really liked this quirky movie.
- Being able to take the two cats along. Crazy, but true.
- Dinner at the new Django’s restaurant on Mt. Crested Butte. So chic I thought I was in the middle of Manhattan. I got to sample small plates of Brussels sprouts (a favorite of mine, not of my husband’s–so I got most of them), scallops, shrimp, stuffed peppers, and more. And, oh my, the blood orange sorbet is to die for.
- Dinner at Timberline in Crested Butte. The sweet onions went perfectly with the salmon.
- Watching the start of the Tour de France before we left yesterday morning.
- The crazy, small-town 4th of July parade in Crested Butte.
- Being able to watch fireworks from the living room window.
- Coming home / watching The Quiet American on DVD last night.
- The cool rain today.
Nothing about art in there. Sorry about that. And you? How did you spend the holiday?
Send to Kindle